Bonus Puto cheese overstock. I so love this Puto Cheese recipe. So soft and fluffy and definitely better tasting than the Puto mix you buy in a box but equally easy to make. You will never think of buying ready mix Puto after trying this!
This fluffy after-school staple is surprisingly easy to whip up at home! Sift together flour, sugar, and baking powder in a bowl. I made this cheese puto using all-purpose flour. You organize heating nuke Puto cheese using 8 compound as well as 5 as a consequence. Here is how you do one proud.
compound of Puto cheese
- a little 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- give 1-1/2 cups of sugar.
- use 4 tbsp of baking powder.
- also 1-1/2 cups of evaporated milk.
- give 1 cup of water.
- use 1/2 cup of veg. oil/ melted butter.
- use 3 of eggs.
- give of Cheese for toppings.
You can double or triple the recipe depending on the number of pieces. Puto Cheese Recipe - Puto is the generic name for a rice cake made from galapong (rice flour), slightly sweetened and steamed. The rice for galapong is not ground dry, but soaked overnight and. Puto Cheese Recipe. "Puto" is a kind of steamed rice cake in the Philippine cuisine.
Puto cheese step by step
- Sift and combine dry ingredients (all purpose flour, sugar, and baking powder.) mix well..
- Add an egg, evaporated milk, water and vegetable oil..
- Mix thoroughly until the mixture is done. (No lumps)..
- Put the batter in a puto mold and top the cheese for toppings..
- Then steam for about 10 to 15 minutes. Or use toothpick test..
It is usually eaten as a merienda - a light meal or snack especially in the afternoon, but can also be eaten for breakfast. Want to get hold of that classic meryenda when you were young? Puto is a steamed rice cake that is commonly served as snack. This Puto Recipe or Puto Cheese has been a frequent sight during festivities in the Philippine household like the Bibingka and already considered as a Filipino Food. The Filipino version of Puto Recipe such as Puto with Cheese requires the cakes to be steamed to come out very fluffy but not dry and very delicious.