Best of Sourdough Whole Wheat Crackers site.
You undertake grilling blanch Sourdough Whole Wheat Crackers adopting 6 compound furthermore 13 as well as. Here you are score.
program of Sourdough Whole Wheat Crackers
- You need 1 cup of "discarded" sourdough starter.
- give 1/4 cup of butter.
- add 1 cup of whole wheat flour or spelt flour.
- then 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- then of olive oil.
- add of coarse salt for sprinkling.
Sourdough Whole Wheat Crackers method
- a large bowl, combine the sourdough and the butter and mix thoroughly.
- Mix the salt in with ¼ cup flour and add to the sourdough mixture..
- Knead it all together in the bowl, adding as much flour as necessary to make a stiff dough..
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap or put a lid on the bowl to prevent it from drying out.Leave the dough at room temperature for at least seven hours.
- Seven or more hours later, preheat the oven to 350°F Fahrenheit.
- Take a small portion of the dough (about ¼ cup) and roll it out on a Silpat or other nonstick baking mat using a rolling pin, until it is very thin..
- Pour a little bit of olive oil on the rolled out dough and spread it to the edges of the dough with a pastry brush or your hand..
- Sprinkle liberally with coarse salt..
- Cut the dough vertically and horizontally into quadrangles with a pizza cutter..
- Transfer the Silpat onto your baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until just golden brown..
- Repeat in batches.The crackers shrink a little bit in the oven, so when you pull out your baking sheet, they will already be separated..
- This dough freezes well and you can easily defrost one or two batches at a time so that you can have fresh crackers every day!.
- Experiment with seasonings as you wish. Besides coarse sea salt I tried garlic powder and herbs De province. You can go as wild as you like. Enjoy!!!.