Benefit Quick Shepherd's Pie promo. I used hickory smoked bacon and cheddar instant potatoes in place of the prepared mashed potatoes. A very delicious and quick Shepherd's Pie recipe. I used my own frozen corn and peas and added fresh carrots, diced.
Beef Shepherd's Pie is a delicious and comforting meal that can be prepared quickly and your family will love it. I came up with this super easy shepherd's pie recipe because I have a lot of kids and not a lot of time so easy and fast are the way to go! This is a quick, and easy American twist on the traditional Irish shepherd's pie. You conclude toasting spoil Quick Shepherd's Pie accepting 11 method also 12 along with. Here you go make it.
ingredients of Quick Shepherd's Pie
- You need 3 of Potatoes (big).
- add 500 grams of Chicken Breasts.
- use 100 grams of Peas.
- give 2 of Tomatoes (medium).
- This 3 of sliced cheese.
- a little of Salt.
- a little of Red Chilli Powder.
- give 6 of Garlic Cloves (diced).
- then 2 tsp of Olive Oil.
- also 6 of Pepper Cloves (diced).
- also 50 of Butter.
In this simple shepherd's pie recipe, we call for flavorful lean ground lamb, which isn't always easy to find. You can use lean ground beef or turkey instead. A definitive version of the classic family recipe, this easy shepherd's pie has been triple-tested by our cookery team and nutritionally analysed. Find more family favourite recipes including cottage pie, spaghetti bolognese and chicken casserole on BBC Good Food.
Quick Shepherd's Pie compound
- Boil potatoes (put a pinch of salt in the water while boiling).
- Boil and shred the chicken (add a little salt).
- Boil peas.
- Chop tomatoes.
- Add olive oil to a skillet.
- Add tomatoes, salt (enough to make the tomatoes soft), peas..
- Let the peas cook till medium soft, mash them a little and keep aside..
- Marinate the boiled chicken in red chilli powder, salt, pepper powder, garlic paste. Put it in the fridge for as long as you want (I left it for 4 hours).
- Mash the potatoes with some butter.
- Grease the insides of a microwave safe bowl with butter.
- Place the peas mixture at the bottom, layer it with the chicken marinade, top it off with the mashed potatoes. Then place the cheese slices..
- Place the bowl in the microwave and use the baked potato setting to cook. If you don't have that setting don't worry, just cook it on convection for 5-7 minutes or u til the cheese starts to brown..
This is a quick and easy casserole I made up. It's great for people on the go. Shepherd's Pie recipes are traditionally done with lamb, but are great with any ground meat--turkey and beef being the most popular modern versions. Give this great casserole a try, and watch everyone flock to the table. Traditionally, shepherd's pie is made with lamb (hence the name).