Brand new OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】 for cheap.
You finish frying burn OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】 proving 20 procedure moreover 12 and. Here is how you conclude.
receipt of OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】
- give 250 g (8.8 oz) of thin sliced pork belly.
- use 400 g (14 oz) of cabbage, about 1/2 heads.
- You need 6 stalks of scallion.
- a little 40 g (1.4 oz) of red pickled ginger.
- also 10 leaves of perilla leaf.
- then 4 of eggs.
- give of oil for frying.
- give of Okonomi-yaki batter.
- use 200 ml (6.8 fl oz) of boiled water.
- then 2 tsp of Japanese soup stock (dashi), granule type.
- give 200 g of (7 oz, 1.6 cups) cake flour.
- use 1.5 tsp of baking powder.
- This 2 tsp of dried bonito powder (optional).
- then 150 g (5.3 oz) of Japanese yam.
- use of Topping (adjust to suit your taste).
- also of okonomiyaki sauce (savory pancake sauce, It's kind of similar to barbecue sauce.).
- You need of mayonnaise.
- This of dried green nori flakes.
- use of dried bonito flakes.
- also of 1cup=235cc(USA).
OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】 in succession
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/u59j7GmSckc.
- 【For Okonomiyaki batter】Put 200 ml (6.8 fl oz) boiled water in a bowl and add Japanese soup stock, stir well. Put the bowl in water to cool down; set aside. Mix roughly cake flour, baking powder, and dried bonito powder; set aside..
- Grate Japanese yam into a large bowl. Pour the prepared stock in it while stirring. Sift dry ingredients over it..
- Mix well until smooth. Let it sit in a fridge for 3 hours or more to bring out the ''umami''(savory taste) of the flour..
- 【Prepare other ingredients. 】Chop cabbage into about 1 cm (0.4'') square. Chop the core of cabbage into fine pieces. Cut stalks scallion into small pieces. (You should wipe off moisture after you wash vegetables, before cutting them.).
- Cut leaves perilla leaf into small pieces. Chop red pickled ginger into fine pieces..
- 【Cook it with a frying pan.】Put one serving of the batter and vegetables in a bowl (1/4 each). Add an egg and mix roughly..
- Heat a frypan on medium-low heat and add a splash of oil for frying. Pour the okonomiyaki mixture into the pan. Use a spatula to form it into a round pancake about 2cm (0.8'') thick..
- Cook it for 3 mins on medium heat. Gently lay about 1/4 of the pork belly slices on top of the pancake. When golden brown on the bottom, flip it and cook the other side..
- Cook it on medium heat for 4-5 mins until golden too or pork belly gets crispy. Please don't push down on the okonomiyaki in the pan to get a fluffy pancake. Flip it again, warm it on low heat and then turn off the heat..
- 【Toppings】Apply okonomiyaki sauce with a spoon or brush, add mayonnaise in zigzagging lines, and sprinkle dried green nori flakes and dried bonito flakes. Please try freshly cooked OKONOMIYAKI!.
- Notes: If the time has passed after putting cabbage into the batter, the water in the cabbage will come out and the batter will become watery. If the batter becomes watery, the cooked okonomiyaki won't get fluffy, so when cooking, it's better to mix the batter and vegetables just before cooking..